4 of a family group burnt alive in N'ganj fire

January 23, 2021 Bangladesh
A few and their two kids burned to death from a fire caused by electric wire in Narayanganj's Rupganj upazila on Fri night. 

The victims were discovered as Masum Miah, 40, his wife Sima Begum, 32, their sons Md Russell, 17, and Rahmat Ullah, 10. The children had disabilities.

The tragic incident occurred about 8:45pm at Kumartek area under Sector 11 of Purbachal Uposhahar.

A torn electric cable of Dhaka Electric Supply Company or DESCO fell on a power line of Rural Electrification Board at night, said Uddipan Bhakta, station officer of Purbachal Fire Services.

After sparks, the REB cable fell on the tin-shed house of the victims, triggering the fire. Masum and the two boys died simultaneously while Sima was declared dead at the Rupganj Upazila Health and wellbeing Complex, said Uddipan.

The fire service official said the firefighters doused the fire immediately as the home is situated very nearby the station.

The bodies were delivered to the Narayanganj General Medical center mortuary for post-mortem examination, said Rupganj Police Station OC Mohsinul Quader.
Source: Observerbd - Bangladesh

Tags :