Google has suspended "no cost speech" social networking Parler from its Take up Store over its inability to eliminate "egregious content".
Parler styles itself due to "unbiased" social mass media and has proved favored by persons banned from Twitter.
But Google said the app had failed to remove posts inciting violence.
Apple has also warned Parler it'll remove the software from its App Shop if it generally does not adhere to its content-moderation requirements.
On Parler, the app's chief executive John Matze said: "We won't cave to politically motivated corporations and those authoritarians who hate free of charge speech!"
Launched in 2018, Parler features proved particularly favorite among supporters of US President Donald Trump and right-wing conservatives. Such groups have usually accused Twitter and Facebook of unfairly censoring their views.
While Mr Trump himself isn't a user, the system already features more than a few high-profile contributors following previously bursts of development in 2020.
Texas Senator Ted Cruz boasts 4.9 million followers on the system, while Fox Reports host Sean Hannity has about seven million.
It briefly became the most-downloaded iphone app in the usa after the US election, carrying out a clampdown on the spread of election misinformation by Twitter and Facebook.
Even so, both Apple and Google have said the iphone app fails to adhere to content-moderation requirements.
Analysis: Necessary or perhaps draconian action?
For months, Parler has been one of the most popular social media systems for right-wing users.
As major platforms began choosing action against viral conspiracy theories, disinformation and the harassment of election employees and officials in the aftermath of the US presidential vote, the application became popular with factors of the fringe far-right.
This turned the networking into a right-wing echo chamber, almost entirely populated by users fixated on revealing types of election fraud and publishing messages in support of attempts to overturn the election outcome.
In the times preceding the Capitol riots, the tone of discussion on the software became significantly extra violent, with some users openly discussing ways to stop the recognition of Joe Biden's victory by Congress.
Unsubstantiated allegations and defamatory promises against a number of senior US figures such as for example Chief Justice John Roberts and Vice-President Mike Pence had been rife over the app.
Google and Apple say they are taking necessary action to make sure violent rhetoric isn't promoted on their platforms.
However, to those progressively concerned about freedom of speech and expression on online platforms, it represents another exemplory case of draconian action simply by major tech corporations which threatens internet freedom.
This is a debate which is certain to continue beyond the Trump presidency.
In a statement, Google confirmed it had suspended Parler from its Take up Store, stating: "Our longstanding policies need that software displaying user-generated content have moderation plans and enforcement that removes egregious content like articles that incite violence.
"In light of this ongoing and urgent open public safety threat, we are suspending the app's listings from the Play Retailer until it addresses these issues."
Apple features warned Parler it will be removed from the App Retailer on Saturday in a letter published by Buzzfeed Media.
It said it had seen "accusations that the Parler iphone app was used to plan, coordinate, and facilitate" the attacks on the US Capitol about 6 January.
Mr Matze said Parler had "no chance to organise anything" and remarked that Facebook groups and events had been used to organise actions.
But Apple said: "Our investigation has discovered that Parler is not effectively moderating and removing articles that encourages unlawful activity and poses a serious risk to medical and protection of users in direct violation of your conditions of service."
"We won't distribute software that present dangerous and harmful content."
In a related development, Google has kicked Steve Bannon's War Area podcast off YouTube, telling it had repeatedly violated the platform's rules.
The ex-White House aide's channel had a lot more than 300,000 subscribers.
"Relative to our strikes system, we've terminated Steve Bannon's channel 'War space' and one associated channel for repeatedly violating our Network Guidelines," Google said found in a statement.
"Any channel posting new videos with misleading articles that alleges widespread fraud or perhaps errors changed the results of the 2020 US Presidential election in violation of our policies will receive a strike, a penalty which temporarily restricts uploading or perhaps live-streaming. Channels that receive three strikes in the same 90-moment period will be permanently removed from YouTube."
The action was taken soon after the channel posted an interview with Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, in which he blamed the Democrats for the rioting on Capitol Hill on Wednesday.
One anti-misinformation group said the actions was long overdue after "months of Steve Bannon calling for revolution and violence".
"The simple truth is YouTube should have removed Steve Bannon's account in the past and they shouldn't depend on the labour of extremism researchers to moderate this content on their system," said Madeline Peltz, Senior Researcher at Media Matters for America.